- 21:38 | In the world Hollywood actor Brad Pitt to promote new film in Moscow
The 35th film festival will kick off with the premiere of the upcoming apocalyptic horror film, World War Z, to be attended by producer-star Pitt and film director Marc Forster.
- 21:30 | In the world North Korea fires missiles into sea
The missiles posed no danger to neighboring countries.
Source: The Wall Street
- 21:10 | In the world Iran Exporting Medical Products to 40 World Countries
An Iranian health official said on Saturday.
- 21:03 | In the world Rome protest turns up heat on new PM Letta
Thousands of people protested in Rome on Saturday against austerity policies and high unemployment.
- 20:43 | In the world EU to ban refillable olive oil jugs and dipping bowls
From 1 January 2014, restaurants may only serve olive oil in tamper-proof packaging, labelled to EU standards.
- 20:30 | In the world Bashar al-Assad: 'We can't negotiate with fragmented rebels'
The Syrian president says that the opposition could not uphold any peace deal, and blames the west for supporting them.
Video: The Guardian
- 20:22 | In the world Saudi woman makes history by reaching Everest summit
It took a lot of persuading before Raha Moharrak's Saudi family agreed to let her climb.
- 20:08 | In the world France's Hollande signs gay marriage law
France's official journal announced on Saturday the bill had become law after the Constitutional Council gave it the go-ahead on Friday.
- 16:19 | Region Iranian President to visit Moscow
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will visit Moscow on July 1, Iran's Ambassador to Russia Mohammad Reza Sajjadi said.
- 16:18 | Region Azerbaijani analyst: Allahshukur Pashazadeh’s Iran visit will be unproductive
“Iran wants Azerbaijan to take practical moves and justify its expectations. But Azerbaijan is unable to do it,” Vafa Guluzade said.
- 15:18 | Region Haqqin.az: Schools and enterprises are forced to buy Ilham Aliyev’s new portraits in one of Azerbaijani regions
Yesterday, in the social networks and media information was spread that by the order of the Chief Executive Ahmed Mukhtarov the portrait of the president was to be renewed in all the grades of schools and enterprises in Hajigabul region of Azerbaijan, the Azerbaijani news agency "Haqqin.az" reported.
- 14:29 | In the world Incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo is at the centre of a bidding war after it emerged the Manchester United target is wanted by Chelsea.
Source: Daily Mail
- 14:03 | In the world France opposes Syria conference if Iran attends
Apart from the question of which countries will attend, it is also far from clear whether the Syrian foes would accept it.
Source: The Daily Star
- 13:25 | Armenia Museum Night involves 88 museums from Armenia and Artsakh
“We would like museums to be a space for non-formal education not one day only,” said the director of the Museum of Russian Art.
- 12:34 | Armenia Robert Aghasaryan fulfills grandmaster norm
19-year-old Armenian chess player Robert Aghasaryan fulfilled grandmaster norm at the 14th European Individual Championship held in Legnica, Poland.
- 11:34 | In the world Balotelli: I'm a normal guy
“But I don't see anything that would make people think that I'm bad or I'm crazy. I'm a normal guy,” he said.
Source: Sky Sports
- 11:33 | Armenia Tsarukyan’s statement eases anxiety of PAP businessmen
Representatives of Prosperous Armenia Party’s business circles are now more confident about their future following party leader Gagik Tsarukyan’s statement that PAP cannot be opposition.
Source: 168 Hours
- 10:36 | Armenia Ex-minister owes Belarusian tractor manufacturing plant
Bobruysk plant of tractor parts and units intends to sue former Armenian Deputy Minister of Agriculture, member of Prosperous Armenia Vardan Karapetyan unless he pays for tractors imported to Armenia.
- 10:35 | Region NKR Foreign Ministry delegation attending anniversary events in Abkhazia
The NKR Foreign Minister delivered a speech at the ceremonial meeting on May 17.
Source: NKR MFA
- 09:44 | Region Artsakh President, Armenian Deputy Foreign Minister discuss cooperation
On May 17, Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan met with Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia Shavarsh Kocharyan.
Source: presidential press service
- 09:35 | In the world Greeks and Armenians call for conditions on Turkey trade deal
The leaders of the Greek and Armenian American communities have joined together in formally calling upon the White House to set strict legal conditions on any new trade agreements involving Turkey.
- 09:17 | In the world One dead, dozens wounded in sectarian clashes in Egypt
A quarrel between two young men, one Christian and one Muslim, morphed into a family feud that sparked clashes in a western district of Alexandria.
- 09:12 | In the world Two blasts at Iraqi Sunni mosque kill 43
Two bombs exploded outside a Sunni Muslim mosque in the Iraqi city of Baquba as worshippers left Friday prayers, killing at least 43 people.
- 09:07 | In the world U.N.: More than 1.5 million flee Syria
Since the start of 2013 alone, UNHCR has registered close to 1 million refugees -- which amounts to about 250,000 people each month.
- 09:03 | In the world Blanks fired at Cannes; actors scramble
A man was arrested Friday at the Cannes Film Festival after firing a gun loaded with blanks during a live television interview, sending an Oscar-winning actor running for cover.
- 08:56 | In the world Dozens injured in US train crash
About 60 people have been injured, five critically, after a head-on, rush-hour collision between two commuter trains near New York City.
- 08:52 | In the world Afghanistan MPs to debate law on women's rights
Afghan MPs are to debate a law to prevent violence against women, amid a fierce argument between leading Afghan women over tactics.
- 08:46 | Armenia Air temperature will go up by 3-4 degrees
No precipitation is expected in the most part of the day in the whole territory.
- 02:26 | Region BigCaucasus’ survey: Armenian men will protect Karabakh and will go even further
The "BigCaucasus" portal published a video survey conducted in Yerevan with the inhabitants of the city in connection with the statement of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov.
- 22:05 | In the world More than 70 percent of Russians are against the justification and public display of homosexual relations
Only 12 percent are in favor, according to a survey by the Levada Center independent pollster published on Friday.
- 21:50 | In the world Jennifer Lopez: I'd love to have more kids
The 43-year-old singer already has five-year-old twins Max and Emme with her ex-husband, singer Marc Anthony.
- 21:42 | In the world Bill Gates regains title of world’s richest person
The founder of Microsoft and co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, hit a five-year high on Thursday at $72.7 billion, topping that of Slim, 73, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Source: ABC News
- 21:35 | In the world Syria begins to break apart under pressure from war
In the northeast, the Kurds have effectively carved out an autonomous zone.
Source: The New York Times
- 21:28 | In the world Eurovision 2013: 30 things you need to know
The Eurovision Song Contest was first staged in Switzerland on 24th May 1956.
Details: The Telegraph
- 21:20 | In the world Cannes film festival suffers $1m jewellery theft
The jewels were to be loaned to stars appearing at the famous annual film festival on the French Riviera.
- 21:13 | Region Mob disrupts gay activist rally in Georgia, 30 injured
Some 30 people were injured when an angry mob led by clergymen broke through police cordons and clashed with gay rights activists in the Georgian capital Tbilisi on Friday, the country's health minister said.
- 21:06 | In the world Toyota retakes crown as Asia’s biggest manufacturer
Among the companies leading the charge is none other than the country’s biggest auto maker, Toyota Motor Corp-its share price soaring 50% this year.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
- 21:00 | In the world Pro-Assad hackers attack Financial Times
The website and Twitter feed of the Financial Times were hacked on Friday by a group of online activists who say they support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- 20:55 | In the world Rights Groups: Syria holds thousands incommunicado
About 30 security agents showed up just after midnight, breaking down the door to an apartment in the town of Daraya near the Syrian capital of Damascus.
Source: ABC News
- 20:42 | In the world Russia's FSB reveals identity of CIA Moscow station chief
Speaking to Russian media about the recent capture of an alleged CIA spy in a wig in Moscow, an FSB spokesman named the CIA "rezident", or station chief, in the capital.
Source: The Telegraph
- 20:30 | In the world Boko Haram crisis: Nigeria air raids 'kill militants'
At least 30 militants have been killed during air raids on their training camps in north-eastern Nigeria, officials say.
- 20:11 | Region BigCaucasus about how Armenian volunteers defeated Chechen mercenaries in Karabakh who fought for Azerbaijan
The president of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, has recently made a rather interesting statement. Kadyrov has declared that the Chechen mercenaries have been involved in hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- 18:52 | Armenia New Zealand ambassador presents credentials to Armenian President
Hamish Cooper assured the President that he will do his best to develop cooperation between the two countries in all possible areas.
Source: presidential press service
- 18:27 | Region OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs meet with Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs
The Co-Chairs and the Foreign Ministers discussed possible ways to advance the peace process.
- 18:26 | Region Iran election: Cleric rules out women candidates
Mohammad Yazdi, a clerical member of the Guardian Council, said the constitution ruled out the participation of women.
- 18:24 | Armenia Increase in price for Russian gas not political decision – Gagik Makaryan
“The development of Armenian economy is becoming vulnerable and superpowers can always use it for their purposes,” said the chairman of Republican Union of Employers of Armenia.
- 18:22 | Region New sports complex to be built in Stepanakert
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan held a consultation on the construction of a new sports complex in capital Stepanakert.
Source: presidential press service
- 16:53 | In the world Germany fears return of European jihadists in Syria
Up to 700 Europeans are fighting the Assad regime in Syria mainly as militant Islamists.
Source: The Guardian
- 16:49 | Armenia Rise in gas price may lead to economic recession but social riot unlikely to occur, Khosrov Harutyunyan says
The MP said that this issue should not be viewed in the context of Armenian-Russian relations.
- 16:10 | Armenia Khosrov Harutyunyan: After defeat at elections, opposition needs to reconsider its role
“Armenian opposition is looking for a new format but unifications among the opposition are not ruled out,” said the MP.
- 15:18 | Armenia Sergei Movsesian and Hrant Melkumyan at World Cup
GMs Sergei Movsesian and Hrant Melkumyan have qualified to participate in the World Cup 2013 that will start on August 10, 2013 in Tromsø, Norway.
- 15:01 | Armenia Political analyst: Rise in gas price should not be viewed as an attempt by Moscow to punish Yerevan
“Currently there are two processes: dynamic relations with Russia in parallel with the worsening of the relations with Azerbaijan and renewal of relations with Europe,” Alexander Iskandaryan said.
- 14:08 | Armenia Grigory Ayvazyan says Aliyev is his main rival at Azerbaijani presidential elections
The Assembly of Azerbaijani-Armenians has decided to nominate the candidacy of head of the Assembly Grigory Ayvazyan for the upcoming Azerbaijani presidential elections.
- 13:26 | Armenia Armen Martirosyan: Gagik Tsarukyan honestly said that PAP cannot be opposition
“A situation was formed when the voters chose Prosperous Armenia as opposition,” the Heritage deputy chairman said.
- 12:06 | Armenia Republicans rewarded for ensuring good election results
Those Republicans who ensured the highest results in the polling stations have received up to $20-25,000.
Every year since 1977 International Museum Day is organized worldwide around May 18. This day is an occasion to raise awareness on how important museums are in the development of society. The Museum Night action is held the following Saturday after the International Museum Day. This year these days coincide. 88 Armenian museums participate in the Museum Night this year. Berlin hosted the first Museum Night in 1997. The concept has been very well received, and since then the number ...
No precipitation is expected in the most part of the day in the whole territory. After midday it will be partly cloudy, rain and thunderstorm are expected in the afternoon and evening in the southern regions, hail and wind up to 23mps is possible. The air temperature will go up in daytime by 3-4 degrees. Sunny weather is expected in Yerevan, it will be partly cloudy in the evening, no significant precipitation is expected. It will be +23+25 in daytime and +18+20 in the ...
The Assembly of Azerbaijani-Armenians has decided to nominate the candidacy of head of the Assembly Grigory Ayvazyan for the upcoming Azerbaijani presidential elections. Ayvazyan has accepted this proposal and promised to carry out the task with honor. Grigory Ayvazyan told reporters today that Ilham Aliyev is his main rival at the Azerbaijani presidential elections. “If Azerbaijan registers me as a presidential candidate and gives me a possibility to hold election ...
World Information Society Day was proclaimed to be on 17 May by a United Nations General Assembly resolution, following the 2005 World Summit on the Information Society in Tunis. The day had previously been known as World Telecommunication Day to commemorate the founding of the International Telecommunication Union in 17 May 1865. It was instituted by the Plenipotentiary Conference in Malaga-Torremolinos in 1973. The main objective of the day is to raise global awareness of societal ...
Heavy rains and thunderstorm will persist in northern and eastern regions, hail and wind up to 23mps is possible. Transitory rains are possible in the Ararat Valley. The air temperature will go up in daytime by 1-2 degrees. Transitory rain and thunderstorm is possible in Yerevan from time to time. Wind up to 12mps is also possible. It will be +22+24 in daytime and +17+19 in the evening, according to Meteo-TV.
The Armenian National Congress party and the other opposition forces made gross strategic mistakes in Yerevan election race – they held an agitation campaign and not an election campaign, expert of political and electoral technologies Armen Badalyan told today’s news conference. According to him, the opposition forces were not competitive as during the election campaign they were mainly focused on the criticism of the Republican Party, while they should have presented ...
Almost in the whole territory heavy rains and thunderstorm are expected from time to time, hail and wind up to 23mps is possible. The air temperature will go down in daytime by 2-3 degrees. In Yerevan, rain and thunderstorm are expected from time to time during the whole day, possibly heavy, hail is also possible. Wind up to 15mps is possible. It will be +20+22 in daytime and +15+17 in the evening, Meteo-TV reports.
The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year. The Day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993 with resolution A/RES/47/237 and reflects the importance the international community attaches to families. The International Day provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families. In its resolution, the General Assembly also noted that ...
Despite bellicose statements by Baku, military operations are unlikely to resume at the current stage because the Azerbaijani army is not yet ready for it, military expert David Jamalyan told today’s news conference. “Azerbaijan spends huge sums on army but this is not enough because it does not ensure quality,” the military expert said. “There will be no war until Azerbaijan has a qualitative advantage,” he added. At the same time, Jamalyan ...
Almost in the whole territory heavy rains and thunderstorm are expected from time to time, hail, wind up to 20mps is possible. The air temperature will go down in daytime by 2-3 degrees. In Yerevan, rain and thunderstorm are expected from time to time during the whole day, possibly heavy, hail is also possible. Wind up to 15mps is possible. It will be +22+24 in daytime and +17+19 in the evening, Meteo-TV reported.